National Library Statistics
The following websites post, publish and collect various statistics from libraries across the country.
- IMLS Library Statistics (IMLS now does Survey)
- The President's Budget Request for 2009 included funds for the Institute of Museum and Library Services to administer the Public Library Survey and the State Library Agency Survey, effective October 1, 2008
- Institute of Museum and Library Services - Public Libraries in the United States, Fiscal 2006 (latest survey results posted).
National Center for Education Statistics Public Libraries Report
The report includes national state summary data on public libraries in the 50 state, the District of Columbia for state fiscal year 2005, with an introduction, findings, and numerous tables.
LRS reports and analyzes statistics on school, public, and academic libraries, and conducts studies on major library issues that are reported in the Fast Facts and Closer Look series.
GeoLib's mission is to improve access to digital geographic information in libraries and to apply marketing solutions to library problems.
- Hennen's American Public Library Ratings
HAPLR ratings are based on data from the US Federal-State Cooperative Service, but only the author, Thomas J. Hennen Jr., is responsible for ratings data at this site.
- State Library Statistics Sources Arranged by State
- Library Journal/Bibliostat Index of Public Library Service. It is based on FY 2006 public library data released by IMLS in November 2008.
- There is also a series of associated web pages at: http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6629180.html.